Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Sometime ago

[
It's always amusing to go back in time and look at our thoughts..this is also called retrospection. The following piece of poetry (!) caught my eyes as I was rummaging through my old blog entries. I will not reveal the date and time of creation of this masterpiece :-)....... but this does reflect some of my thoughts of those days. Of course, I am a totally changed man now and subscribe to these no more....
]

For years, I loved you
For years, I cared for you
For years, I gave myself to you
For years, I took all your sorrows
Now you don't need me anymore

For years, I lived for you
For years, I was the shoulder you cried on
For years, I swallowed my pain
Just to see you happy and gay
Now you don't need me anymore

For years, I trusted you
For years, I was there when you needed me
For years, I was your pride
Your guide and good friend
Now you don't need me anymore

Girl, I ain't complaining
No honey, you are on your own
You don't owe me anything
I ain't begging you to be with me
'Cause you are a bird flying high
You don't need me anymore

I'll find another one to love
I'll find someone to care
The world always needs love
And there are angels everywhere
I'll find my special one somewhere
'Cause you don't need me anymore


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home